Lifestyle Individual Incentive Travel
Maltese History from the Knights of St. John to WWII
Malta is an island in the central Mediterranean with a very unique history. Under the Treaty of Paris, which was signed in 1814, Malta became part of the British Empire. Its strategic position in the middle of the Mediterranean halfway between Gibraltar and Egypt made it an ideal naval base. This program includes the the most prominent places of interest in Valletta and the Three Cities which were the key areas in Malta impacted by the 2nd World War. Along the route, an expert guide will offer a real insight into the way people lived during this time and how Malta was affected by the bombing campaign carried out by the Axis powers. There are so many existing buildings which clearly bear the scars of war that our guide will be able to bring these to life, showing guests where the British sailors and soldiers spent their free time and popping into one of the bars for a beer to provide a glimpse of what an English pub would have felt like during those days.
Program Inclusions for Two
- Round-trip, private airport transfers
- Private chauffeur driven car, driver and English speaking qualified guide on each day
- Five-star hotel accommodation for four nights in Valletta
- Breakfast daily
- Private guided visit to Valletta the capital city and a harbor cruise on the Maltese Dghajsa (a typical water taxi). Includes all entrance fees and lunch
- Private guided visit to Mdina and the surrounding areas, including lunch
- Gozo tour in a Land Rover or similar, including lunch and ferry ticket
- Dinner each evening at a selection of excellent restaurants
For more details on this Lifestyle Individual Incentive Travel program including pricing and how to customize, please contact Platinum DMC Collection.
There are many other Malta lifestyle programs that can be created to match perfectly with the profile of any individual or group of travelers.