Platinum DMC Collection welcomes Austria to our portfolio of worldwide destinations.
What’s New in Austria?
The Vienna Marriott Hotel has been Completely Renovated
Located downtown in the historic City Center is the Vienna Marriott Hotel. The completely renovated property is strategically situated in the heart of Vienna with exceptional placement on the breathtaking Ringstrasse. The recently remodeled hotel rooms blend contemporary design with unmatched comfort. For a business meeting or social event in Vienna, the exclusive meeting venues offer nearly 9,000 square feet of elegant space. With the ideal location, guests can easily access famous attractions like the Vienna Opera House or St. Stephen’s Cathedral, as well as celebrated shopping and dining.
MQ Libelle Event Space to offer Breathtaking Views of Vienna
By the spring of 2020, the rooftop of the Leopold Museum will feature a new attraction – the MQ Libelle, affording breathtaking views over the heart of Vienna. The glass building, designed by Laurids Ortner, will encompass a 6,500 square foot event space and will be accessible to the public by outdoor elevators and, like the courtyards of the MuseumsQuartier Vienna, will invite visitors to linger without the pressure of having to purchase anything. In addition, the multifunctional event space will be available for art and cultural exhibitions as well as for event rentals.
Celebrate Special Occasions in the Palais Daun-Kinsky
The Palais Daun-Kinsky, a palace in the heart of Vienna, is the jewel in Vienna’s Baroque crown. Guests have the feeling they are floating on air as they glide up the beautiful staircase and thrill to the red marble, gilt stucco and a beautiful ceiling painting by Carlo Carlone in the Oval Room. What an exceptional venue to host a glittering reception or present someone with a prestigious award, while the sounds of the violins gently hang in the air, straight from the musical heavens.
Did You Know?
• Six airports in North America fly direct to/from Vienna: New York JFK, New York EWR, Chicago ORD, Washington IAD, Toronto YYZ and Montreal YUL.
• The largest of Vienna’s MICE venues, the Messe Wien Exhibition & Congress Center features an exhibition center measuring nearly 600,000 square feet and can host up to 30,000 guests.
• Schönbrunn Palace, the summer palace of the Habsburgs, has more than 1,440 rooms. Schönbrunn Palace can be rented for exclusive gala dinners.
• Every year, more than 450 balls take place in the Austrian capital. Viennese Ball Season runs from New Year’s Eve to Shrove Tuesday (the Tuesday before Ash Wednesday). That translates into about 2,000 hours of ball dancing annually.
• Vienna is often referred to as the World’s Capital of Music becuase more famous composers have lived there than in any other city in the world.